Retailer, and iGive.com partner, Sears Holdings is once again committing to helping members of the United States Military. The Sears 9th Annual Heroes at Home campaign with Rebuilding Together is raising funds and assisting military families facing hardship by making necessary repairs, improvements or modifications to their homes. The program, which has raised more than $18 million over the past eight years thanks to donations from Shop Your Way members, customers and associates, has funded more than 1,500 home rebuilds.
Sears is committed to helping improve the lives of military families. Heroes at Home is just one of the initiatives that supports those who sacrifice in order to keep our country safe.
Rebuilding Together, the nation’s largest all volunteer home rehabilitation organization, is committed to bringing warmth, safety and accessibility to homeowners who do not have the financial or physical resources to complete home repairs and other necessary improvements.
Among the other efforts by Sears Holdings to support the military are: Military Recruiting Partnerships to help Army Spouses find employment; the Partnership for Youth Success to help find civilian jobs for young soldiers after their initial tour of duty; a Department of Defense Fellowship program.
In addition, Sears signed a Five Star Statement of Support of the Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), publicly demonstrating support for employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
- The five star level of support signifies that Sears:
- Reviewed its human resources policies to ensure compliance with the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Acts Law.
- Promotes training for managers and supervisors to effectively manage associates who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- Adopted polices and programs that are “Above and Beyond” what is required by the USERRA Law.
- Serves as an advocate for associate service in the National Guard and Reserve and helps to promote the mission of ESGR