Make your purchase make a difference. The newest charm from Alex and Ani‘s Charity By Design collection is a lovely daisy charm. Wear this power flower in support of educating girls around the world. 20% of the purchase price will be donated to the Peace Corps’ Let Girls Learn Fund.
As always, your purchase via iGive means a Donation to your chosen cause, as well. Sign in and shop today!
The Women of Worth program is inspired by L’Oréal Paris’ iconic brand philosophy, “Because I’m Worth It” and recognizes the achievements of real women who embody the spirit of the L’Oréal brand—women who possess self-confidence and are committed to distinguishing their own lives by making a difference in the lives of others. Women of Worth is a celebration of women who have made a difference through volunteer work in their communities.
Nominate a Woman of Worth
Nominate a Woman Of Worth and L’Oréal Paris will make a $10,000 donation to her most cherished charitable cause.. Additionally, one Woman Of Worth honoree and her cause will be selected by the public at large via online voting and will be recognized as the National Woman Of Worth Honoree. Her charity will receive a donation of $25,000 from L’Oréal Paris in her name.
All honorees will receive national recognition for both her cause and her efforts.
Who is eligible for the Women of Worth Award?
Award nominees must be women, legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, consent to be nominated and 18 years of age or older at the time of nomination. All award nominees must meet the following criteria:
– the project’s success in addressing an important problem or critical barrier to progress and nominee’s demonstration of impact as a result of their activities. Impact is defined as the effect of an activity on the social fabric of the community and/or the well-being of individuals or families. Impact can be measured by evaluating the programs or activities implemented by nominee and reviewing if the number of people served exponentially increased since the nominee began work.
Community Needs and Solutions (20%)
– nominee’s ability to meet an unmet community need or concern. Community needs are broadly defined as providing food, shelter, and access to healthcare, providing arts programming or activities, strengthening educational programs, or providing enrichment activities that benefit children.
– success of nominee’s work in epitomizing the statement, “Because You’re Worth It,” and the spirit of the Women of Worth program (honoring exceptional women making a beautiful and exceptional difference through their volunteer work.)
– ability of nominee’s activities to reflect an innovative or interesting approach to meeting community needs and nominee’s employment of unique solutions to solving the problem.
What is the nomination deadline for the 2016 Award?
The 2016 Women of Worth Call for Nominations closes on April 29, 2016.
How do I nominate a Woman Of Worth?
There are two methods of entry:
– To enter online, visitwww.womenofworth.com, complete the nomination form, and follow the online instructions to submit your nomination.
– To enter by mail, send a completed Official Nomination Form by first class mail, with proper postage affixed to: “Women Of Worth Award” c/o The Points of Light Institute, 600 Means Street, Suite 210 Atlanta, Ga 30318.